We have a release date for Warlords of Draenor! November 13th, 2014. Blizzard today held a live-stream event at Ace Theatre in Los Angeles. Along with a release date, we also got to see the Warlords of Draenor Cinematic & the debut clip in Blizzard’s new animated mini-series: Lords of War. You can see both here:
Warlords of Draenor has been slated for release on November 13th, 2014. We’re excited, but it does mean we will have been in patch 5.4 with the same content for 14 months (429 days) – a long time for burn out and no doubt the reason for some of the decline in subscribers. Nevertheless.
This cinematic, in my opinion, has definitely lived up to the standard that Blizzard has set in delivering great cinematics for expansions. To think they’re creating a live action film to be released in the next couple of years is very exciting! Sometimes I can’t help but think they could have created the whole thing in CGI and I’d still watch it!
It contains some great animation and some interesting lore aspects. Of course, I don’t want to ruin it for you so take a look below!
Here is the Warlords of Draenor Cinematic:
Before the Warlords of Draenor release, live realms will updated to the pre-expansion patch where we’ll be able to try out all our healers and see how they fair up with the changes. This patch is said to be coming “over the next few weeks” so it will be good to have some new “content” while we wait for Warlords of Draenor.
As part of this patch, players will encounter fierce new opponents and get their first chance to experience a number of updates we’re making to the game. In addition to changes to the skills and abilities for every class, this patch will introduce brand new features such as 20-player Mythic-difficulty Siege of Orgrimmar, as well as systems adjustments including stat squish and diminishing returns on crowd control. The next chapter in the World of Warcraft saga is coming at you armed to the teeth.
Be sure to go and pre-order your Warlord’s of Draenor: Collector’s Edition before they all get snapped up!
Blizzard has just informed us of what’s inside the Warlord’s of Draenor: Collector’s Edition:
- World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor — Get the full version of Warlords of Draenor on DVD-ROM.
- Behind-the-Scenes DVD and Blu-ray Two-Disc Set — Meet the development team behind the creation of Draenor and its savage warlords. This two-disc set includes over an hour of creators’ commentary, insider interviews, and developer roundtables.
- Collector’s Edition Soundtrack — Immerse yourself in the sounds of war with the complete Warlords of Draenor orchestral soundtrack on CD.
- The Art of Warlords of Draenor — Witness the visual evolution of the expansion in this beautifully bound tome of exclusive Warlord of Draenor art. Through 160 pages of concept pieces, finished illustrations, and CG images, you’ll delve into the art team’s vision for a Draenor under siege by the apocalyptic threat of the Iron Horde.
- Blackhand Mouse Pad — Arm yourself with a special-edition mouse pad emblazoned with the deadly warlord Blackhand.
- Epic In-Game Content
- World of Warcraft Dread Raven Mount and Dread Hatchling Pet — Descend from the skies on the back of a black-winged Dread Raven mount, a mortal progeny of Anzu. Then devour your prey in your next pet battle with the adorably ferocious Dread Hatchling.
- StarCraft II Portraits — Summon the strength of two deadly Iron Horde war chiefs—Grommash Hellscream and Blackhand—as you take on the Dominion with these two StarCraft II portraits.
- Diablo III Warsong Pennant — Don this battle-worn pennant and channel the rage of the Warsong Clan against the demonic forces of Sanctuary.
- Hearthstone Card Back — Your adventures in Draenor will be the talk of the tavern after outfitting your champion’s deck with this custom card back forged in the fires of Blackrock.
Remember, one character boost to level 90 is included in the Collector’s Edition, retail and digital standard editions, and Digital Deluxe Edition of the Warlords of Draenor expansion. For more information on the content and features, check out our Warlords of Draenor web page.
Blizzard has also released the first of their new animated series: Lords of War. Part One, which gives you a bit of a history lesson. It starts with an in-game cinematic with Varian and Vindicator Maraad(with his big purple mace) – this is the best in-game cinematic quality we’ve seen so far in my opinion, probably due to the updated models. It then changes to the sketched animated style that we saw in Mists of Pandaria stories as we see the struggles of Kargath. Take a look below:
They’ve also put together some footage of in-game features coming in Warlords, including Zones, Dungeons, Raids, PvP, Garrisons and New Character Models. I’m starting to get excited about it that’s for sure!
Honestly, we’re getting really excited about the amount of promise this expansion is showing and we think this one could be even better than Mist of Pandaria!
In other news, while Blizzard is hard at work with their new expansion, we’re also hard at work with a site re-design, hopefully making the site easier to use for all healers with some community engagement, so keep an eye out for that!